Friday 1 March 2013

Whats on... March 2013

Mini-egg cookies, before & after.
Photograph originally uploaded by Abby Swanwick

There's not a lot that I can actually show you this week, as I've been working on the secret commission that I mentioned in my previous post. However, I'm pleased to announce that yesterday, I both finished AND photographed it... so watch this space!!! In the meantime, I thought you might enjoy casting your eye over these delicious mini-egg cookies, that T and I made last weekend, (so delicious - they've all gone!).

Anyhow, I thought I'd mention a few (or 10) exhibitions showing in March, that caught my eye. I'll be popping along to (and posting about) as many as possible... so if you're looking for something to do this month, then why not check them out for yourself:

Until 9th March 2013, ‘FourFront’ - Manchester Craft and Design Centre

Until 10th March 2013, ‘Talking Textiles’ - Shire Hall Gallery, Stafford

Until 10th March 2013, ‘Telling Tales’ - Shire Hall Gallery, Stafford

Until 23rd March 2013, ‘World Eco Fibre & Textile (WEFT) Art’ - The Brunei Gallery, Russell Square, London

28th Feb - 25th May 2013, ‘Traditional Twisted’ - Unit Twelve, Stafford

1st-3rd March 2013, ‘Knit & Stitch it 2013’ – FIVE, Farnborough

1st March – 28th Apr 2013, ‘Local Attraction’ - Ferrers Gallery, Ashby De La Zouch,
Leicestershire

14th-17th March 2013, ‘The Spring Knitting and Stitching Show’ - Olympia Two and West Hall, London

16th March 2013, ‘World Textile Day’ - Minerva Arts Centre, Llanidloes, Wales

21st-24th March 2013, ‘Sewing for Pleasure’, ‘Fashion Embroidery & Stitch’ and‘Hobbycrafts’ (3 shows for the price of 1) – NEC, Birmingham


Nowhere near you?! Then visit the excellent websites below, for possible listings in your area:

www.twistedthread.com


Thank for dropping by and 'Happy Friday' :)

Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment